General Admission Requirements
(these items are to be sent directly to the NJCU Graduate Studies Office; go to http://www.njcu.edu/Graduate_Students.aspx for details)
1. An application for admission to graduate study and an application for matriculation.
2. A non-refundable graduate application fee of $55.
3. A 250- to 500-word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing your area of planned study.
4. Official transcripts from all colleges attended. An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better on a 4.0
point scale is required for admission.
5. Two letters of recommendation, preferably from previous instructors or professionals in Media/Art, sent directly from those making the recommendations.
6. International students have additional admission requirements; see the Graduate Studies webpage for details.
IMAP specific Admission Requirements (these items are to be sent directly to the IMAP Coordinator, see address below)
7. A portfolio of 3-10 pieces produced by the student, to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. We are looking for substance and quality rather than quantity — short form or non time-based pieces might number 10; time-based pieces might number fewer. Your portfolio, depending on medium, may be submitted as link to online portfolio/website (preferred) or in digital form on a DVD or standard USB drive. All media should be accompanied by document listing the title, medium, size, and date of each corresponding artwork. A presentation binder of color prints is also acceptable. Do not send original artwork; materials will not be returned.
Applications deadline for the Fall semester is June 15th. Contact the Art Department Graduate Coordinator if you cannot meet these deadlines. Application materials will be reviewed by the graduate coordinator and IMAP faculty.
Further questions may be addressed to the IMAP Coordinator Marcin Ramocki at 201-200-3494 or email@example.com.
New Jersey City University, Media Arts Department/IMAP, 2039 Kennedy Boulevard Jersey City, New Jersey 07305-1597